Tips on Recording Stand Up Comedy Videos
Why not to record your performance in order to make it popular just to make people aware of your skill especially when you are good at stand up comedy? However, make sure that stand up comedy videos are recorded professionally. Here are some tips on recording the videos without having the need of calling anyone for help:
- Traditionally videos were recorded by running lines from the PA into the digital recorder. Some people complain that they are unable to make quality recordings this way. That may be because of the limitations of the microphone, which will spoil the entire video quality. If you want to record quality videos, make sure that your microphone is of good quality. That will make you sound more original.
- As it is stand up comedy, the recorded videos must have sounds of the crowd too. For that you will need a microphone with a large condenser. It must be placed at the back of the room for recording the sound of the crowd. The volume of the crowd’s microphone can be increased or decreased depending on how funny the comedy act is. This will show that the comedian is getting more laughs from the crowd. All videos need this type of high and low touches.
- Don’t ever spend your money on getting an expensive camera. If your goal is to just share the videos on the common video sharing platforms, then you don’t need professional camera for this purpose. You can use your mobile phone to shoot high quality videos too. There are plenty of editing tools now available that can make you alter the minor imperfections.
- Just make sure that your first stand up comedy videos are free of imperfections. If you can borrow a DSLR camera from any friend, then that would be great, otherwise, there is no need to spend money all of a sudden to collect professional tools for recording videos.
- For guidance, you can find videos of other stand up comedians on the internet. See what should be your focus, whether video making or the comedy act itself. You might notice that the stand up comedians use their volume and tone to express their jokes. You can use digital vocal compressors for finding the best blend for your recording. You just have to make sure that you don’t sound like a robot. Your voice must not sound abrasive, otherwise it will make the recording boring.
Just start but try to be careful about these things to make wonderful recording of your stand up comedy act.